EFFECTIVE AS OF JANUARY 1, 2020
We collect data you provide directly to us. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Your first and last name; phone number (both work and personal); home address; employment address; email address (both work and personal); date of birth; gender; any online profile you may have, including your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+ accounts; the last four digits of your social security number, marital status, financial data, educational background, and employment history;
- Information pertaining to your employment or business, including your business name (both its legal name and your “DBA” name); business ownership structure; length of time in business; the type of work you do; the number of employees or contractors you employ; the types of work your subcontractors do; type of work your employees do; estimated payroll (overall business and per employee); the time of day your employees work; employee names; business owners’ and officers’ names (state/location, name, date of birth, title, ownership percentage, duties, class code, payroll); location of workers and employees; concentration of employees and group transportation; employee turnover; employee activities with higher risks, background checks, safety, and hiring; FEIN and other state unemployment identifications and/or tax identifications;; employees age; whether employees are seasonal or volunteers; the types of employees you hire; whether you lease or lease out employees; your company’s business and other business revenue metrics; the insurance status for workers and subcontractors; the reasons why you may, if applicable, be looking for insurance compensation; and the age of your clients (for tutors); and other information required for underwriting decisions If the information you provide includes Personal Data of individuals (including your employees), you represent that you have provided notice to that third party and have obtained his or her consent as set forth herein;
- The amount of time you have worked in your industry;
- The number of vehicles you have, your vehicle identification number(s) (VIN), the address where the vehicle is registered (with the DMV), the address where the vehicle is parked overnight, the name of the vehicle’s registered owner, the ownership status of the vehicle (i.e., leased, financed, owned), the name of the leaseholder (if applicable), the primary use of the vehicle and annual miles driven, the year you were first licensed in the United States, any previous auto accidents and/or incidents, your driver’s license number;
- Information related to any prior insurance information or prior insurance claims;
- Information related to whether you are licensed to do certain types of work;
- Account history and data that you voluntarily provide us when you create an account;
- Any information you submit to us when/if you got in touch with our customer service team by any means;
- Information related to any social media or other online account you may have, such as your public profile and email address connected to those accounts. These companies will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data;
- Any information you submit when writing a review about the products you have purchased. Please note that submitting an online review of a product is public and generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, third parties. NIS is not liable for the distribution of Personal Data that is put on a public forum;
- Your events on the Website, such as page views, order information, or information provided when requesting insurance quotes or surveys;
- Data collected using automated technologies, including web server logs that compile IP addresses, web beacons, and cookies;
- Sensitive information, such as your criminal background; criminal background of business owners; credit score; history of bankruptcy, tax, or credit liens; history of lawsuits related to poor workmanship, construction defects, water intrusion, or mold/fungi; and information relating to insurance or employee benefit programs;
- Information online when you visit our Website or access our services from your computer or other device, or interact with us on or through social media; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us.
You agree to only submit to us or the Website information and Personal Data which is accurate and not misleading, and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes. For any Personal Data you provide, we are authorized to collect or verify the same or similar information from our affiliates and other third parties, such as employers, insurers, brokers or agents, credit agencies, departments of motor vehicle and driver licensing, financial institutions, healthcare providers, and other sources.
We collect Personal Data automatically including your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system. We might also collect data about clicks, which pages you have been browsing, and any information you have provided us in connection with shopping for or configuring quotes for services.
If you provide Personal Data about other individuals, such as your employees or dependents, you must first obtain their consent. By providing us with Personal Data of a third party, you hereby represent that you have provided notice to that third party and have obtained his or her consent. You must provide only accurate information, and refrain from providing information that is not necessary or requested.
When you provide us with personal and other information, you consent to our collection, use, storage, and disclosure of this information as set forth herein.
In providing you with a quote, NIS may search across various public internet sources about you or your company. NIS reserves the right to adjust your quote and will bear no liability for the content accuracy, suitability, legality, or offensiveness of data collected from public internet sources.
NIS may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Underwrite, sell, solicit, and negotiate products and services;
- Process your request for products or services;
- Contact you regarding your account, account payments, or for any other reason related to the products, services or your use of the Website. This authorization is without regard to any “do not call” list registry;
- Provide you with a requested quote or offer goods and services of a third-party vendor. When you submit contact information to us as part of an attempted or completed request for a quote or offer for goods and services, you consent to receive telephone calls, emails, text messages, mailers, or other similar communications in connection with these goods and services. This is true even if your phone number is on any “do not call” list or registry;
- Contact you with relation to our services or products. This authorization is without regard to any “do not call” list or registry;
- Provide you with information and/or services you request;
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services;
- Inform you about products and services we may offer;
- Communicate, service, and bill accounts;
- Analyze claims data or other data to (i) respond to your questions or providing you information that you request; (ii) provide you with products, services, or subscriptions that you select, including associated benefits; (iii) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection; (iv) present the Website and its contents to you; (v) help dynamically generate content on web pages or in newsletters; (vi) store information about your preferences, so we can better personalize your content; and (vii) conduct other commercial purchases, including advertising and product development;
- Obtain and update insurance or credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies;
- Monitor and administer accounts and the services;
- Market analysis, analytics, decisioning, advertising and marketing of products and services to you and to facilitate advertising and marketing;
- Comply with or satisfy a legal or regulatory requirement; and
- For any lawful purpose as allowed by law.
NIS retains your data so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. NIS may hold onto your data for a longer retention period if it is necessary to meet regulatory or legal requirements.
NIS has instituted commercially reasonable and industry accepted physical, technical and procedural safeguards to store and maintain information and Personal Data we collect in a secure environment. While we have implemented safeguards, you should be aware that Internet security technology rapidly changes. You should also be aware that despite our efforts, factors beyond our control may result in disclosure of information. Accordingly, we are not in a position to guarantee that your information will be secure under all circumstances.
NIS provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing email or telephone communications from us. To opt-out of receiving these communications, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children on the Website. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately.